Cruise Travel Insurance
If you have a cruise planned, whether it’s a multi-location jaunt in the med, a relaxing river escapade or around the world adventure then we’re sure you’re counting the days until your departure.
But as with any holiday, whether it’s taking place on dry land or at sea, having a quality travel insurance policy in place is vital to give you the peace of mind that you’re covered should the unexpected occur.
While all Premier Cover travel insurance policies cover cruises as standard there are some specific aspects that you may want to cover with our special Cruise Plus add on. For a small additional premium, you can ensure that certain unforeseen events such as missed port, cabin confinement, unused itinerary and much more will be covered.
At Premier Cover our team has over 35 years’ experience in providing travel insurance so you can be confident that we provide premier cover, premier value and premier service.
What Is Cruise Travel Insurance?
Cruise Plus insurance is an add on for your regular travel insurance policy that covers the specific activities and risks associated with a cruise holiday. For example, cruise insurance may cover you for missed port departures, itinerary changes or increased cancellation cover whereas a normal travel policy doesn’t include these features as standard.
What Does Premier Cover’s Cruise Plus Insure?
- Missed Port: If you miss your scheduled port visit due to adverse weather or timetable restrictions as confirmed by your tour operator then we will compensate you up to the amount shown in your summary of cover.
- Stateroom/Cabin Confinement: If you are confined to your cabin during the course of your cruise due to illness then we will pay you for each complete 24-hour period that you are confined by the ship’s medical officer.
- Unused Pre-Booked Excursions: If you had a pre-booked excursion and were unable to attend due to illness, then we will pay you up to the amount shown in the policy summary.
- Itinerary Changes: If there is a change in your cruise itinerary due to adverse weather or timetable restrictions then we’ll compensate you for each change made.
- Cruise Connection: If you need to make additional arrangements to reach your next embarkation point due to adverse weather or itinerary changes then we will cover these costs provided that the necessary documentation is provided.
Key Benefits Of Our Travel Insurance
- Single Trip cover available with no upper age limit
- 24/7 emergency helpline
- Up to £10m cover for emergency medical treatment
- We consider all existing medical conditions
- Cover for 100 sporting activities
- For a full list of cover please view our Cover Levels
Why Choose Premier Cover?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
What Type Of Travel Insurance Should You Choose?
If your cruise holiday is your only trip this year, then a Single Trip Travel Insurance policy is ideal for you. You’re covered for trips up to 100 days in duration, to a single area of travel.
If you are planning to take other trips this year, then check out our Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance. You’re covered for all the trips that you make during a one-year period (there is a 50 day maximum duration for each trip, limited to 35 days if you’re aged 66 and over), as long as each trip starts and ends in the UK.
You can add our optional Cruise Plus cover onto any of our policy types.
We’re Here To Help
You can obtain all of your travel insurance online, but if you prefer, you can give our team a call on 0330 123 5682 and they’ll be happy to help you through the process.