Asthma Travel Insurance
Asthma is a condition that affects an estimated 5.4 million people in the UK and the way it affects individuals can differ hugely from person to person. As such if you’re planning on taking a trip, it’s crucial to get a travel insurance policy tailored to your specific needs.
That’s because if you need to seek medical treatment while you’re away, and neglect to take out a travel insurance policy, you could be left to pay the resulting medical bills in their entirety which could run into thousands.
I Have Asthma. Can I Still Get Travel Insurance?
Here at Premier Cover, we understand that questions about whether you can get covered and what the policy will cost can be a concern. Also, maybe the thought of answering a long list of questions about your condition is off-putting.
However, with Premier Cover there’s no need to worry as we’ve made obtaining Travel Insurance for asthma as straightforward as possible.
Our quick and easy medical screening process is available online or if you prefer you can speak to one of our highly-trained and friendly agents for free. Either way, you’ll be asked some questions regarding your condition and we will then use your answers to make a quick decision, meaning you can be covered within minutes!
Do I Need An EHIC If I Have Asthma?
The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) entitles UK residents access to necessary, state provided medical treatment, during a temporary visit in the European Economic Area (EEA) countries and Switzerland – at a reduced cost or free of charge. The EHIC is valid for five years.
As a valued Premier Cover policyholder, you will have no excess to pay when the EHIC is used.
Please remember to take your EHIC with you when you travel and check that it is still valid, as you are required to present it for medical treatment. Each traveller will require a card. The EHIC will cover the costs of managing existing medical conditions, maternity care or renal dialysis but it will not cover you if you are going abroad to receive medical treatment.
Key Benefits Of Our Travel Insurance
- We consider ALL medical conditions
- Cover for medical expenses up to £10 million
- 24-hour emergency medical helpline
- Cover for replacement asthma pumps
- No upper age limit on Single Trip policies
Why Choose Premier Cover?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
Travel Tips For Those With Asthma
- Take into account the climate that you are travelling in. Do you know if your asthma is triggered by certain weather conditions? Make sure to avoid extreme temperatures in general, but especially so if you know that it is likely to cause an attack.
- Pollen seasons vary between countries. It’s important to check when these are before travelling to a new country. Unfamiliar pollens not found in the UK could be more likely to trigger an attack.
- For those who suffer from severe asthma, the reduced air pressure in the cabin can cause an asthma attack. Consult with your GP before travelling, when necessary you can take a ‘fitness to fly assessment’, which will test to see how you would react in these situations.
- Make sure that you are always carrying your reliever inhaler on your person and pack a spare one to take in your hand luggage. It’s best to take all medications in your hand luggage, just in case the worst happens and your checked-in baggage goes missing.
We’re Here to Help
You can obtain all of your travel insurance online, but if you prefer, you can give our team a call on 0330 123 5682 and they will take you through the process.