Travel Insurance For Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition and are looking for travel insurance to cover an up and coming trip away, you’ll find that Premier Cover offers the perfect solution by offering the right cover at the right price.
That’s because we specialise in providing insurance to those with pre-existing medical conditions. We consider ALL conditions for our fully comprehensive range of policies and our screening system has been developed to make the process of getting covered as straight forward as possible.
With over 35 years of experience in travel insurance, you can be confident that the policies we provide offer premier cover, premier value and premier service.
Why Do I Need Travel Insurance To Cover Pre-existing Medical Conditions?
Seeking emergency medical treatment while you’re abroad can be costly and if you travel without insurance you could be left to pay your medical bills in their entirety. As such, whether you have a pre-existing medical condition or not, it’s important to take out a travel insurance policy to cover you for the unexpected.
What Is Considered A Pre-Existing Medical Condition?
A pre-existing medical condition is any illness or underlying condition that you are aware of prior to taking out your travel insurance policy. Below are some of the most common conditions we provide cover for.
Key Benefits Of Our Travel Insurance
- Cover for 1 day to 100 days available
- We consider ALL pre-existing medical conditions
- Cover for emergency medical treatment included as standard
- 24/7 medical assistance helpline
- Buy your cover online or over the phone
- No upper age limit on our Single Trip policies
Why Do I Need to Declare My Pre-Existing Medical Conditions?
If you do have any pre-existing medical conditions, you will be asked to declare these at the time you purchase your policy.
The reason – we cannot provide insurance for a condition that you neglect to inform us about. For example, if you need medical treatment while you’re away and this is linked to a pre-existing condition which you haven’t declared, then any subsequent claim could be declined. As such it’s best to declare all conditions at the time of purchase and in many cases, there may be no additional premium to pay.
Also, it can be quite daunting falling ill in a foreign country, especially if English isn’t widely spoken or you’re not that proficient with the local language. As such we provide a 24-hour emergency medical helpline which you can call on to help you when you need it most. And when you declare your conditions we hold that information securely on file and that provides us with important information that can help our specialist medical team to work effectively with the treatment facility to ensure you receive the best care possible.
Why Choose Premier Cover?
24/7 Emergency Helpline
100+Activities Covered FREE
£10m Medical Cover Per Person
£10,000 Cancellation Cover Per Person
Tailor Make Your Policy With Our Extensions
Depending on the type of trip you are going on, you may need additional coverage to suit the needs of your trip. Add an extension to your policy to enhance your cover. Below is a list of the extensions that you can add your policy:
Advice for travelling with a medical condition
- If you take medication for your pre-existing medical condition then make sure that your medicines are legal to take into your destination of choice. Over the years there have been numerous cases of people being detained, or even arrested, for carrying medicines which are legal in the UK but not allowed in other countries.
- If you’re travelling to Europe then make sure that you have taken out an EHIC card, which provides access to necessary, state-provided healthcare for those on a temporary visit to the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Are there specific factors that may affect your pre-existing medical conditions? If you know that factors such as hot weather exacerbate your condition then you can plan the time of year that you choose to travel accordingly.
- Ensure you have organised any vaccinations that are required in good time prior to travel and ensure you check with your doctor that any existing conditions that you have won’t be impacted by having them.
How Does The Medical Screening Process Work?
At Premier Cover we understand that questions about whether you can obtain cover and what the policy will cost can be a concern. Also, maybe the thought of answering a long list of questions about your condition is off-putting.
However, there’s really no need to worry as we specialise in providing cover for those with pre-existing conditions and have made obtaining cover as straightforward as possible.
Our quick and easy medical screening process is available online or if you prefer you can speak to one of our friendly team members who will be happy to answer any questions you may have and guide you through the process too.
Either way, you’ll be asked some questions regarding your condition and we will then use your answers to make a quick decision, meaning you can be covered in no time at all.
We’re Here To Help
You can obtain all of your travel insurance online but if you prefer you can give our friendly team a call on 0330 123 5682 and they’ll happily take you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
*Single Trip from pricing is based on three nights in France, for a 50-year-old, individual traveller.
*Annual Multi-Trip from pricing is based on a 12 month, European policy, for a 35-year-old, individual traveller.